History shows on October 16th wars have started and ended in dramatic ways,
- Marie Antoinette lost her head
- John Brow raided Harper’s Ferry
- The Cubian Crises began
- The ‘hapless expansion team the New York Mets beat the powerhouse Baltimore Orioles 4 games to one to win the World Series
- Henry Kissinger and Le Duc Tho negotiated a cease fire in Vietnam
- Desmond Tuti won the Nobel Peace Prize
- Louis Farrakhan led the Million Man March
- David Trimble and John Hume won the Nobel Peace Prize for brokering the peace accord in Northern Ireland
- President George W. Bush sign the congressional resolution authorizing the war in Iraq
I’m listening to Casting Crowns sing Courageous. Fitting isn’t it on a day when men have stood in courage for things they believed would make the world a better place.
What will you stand for today?