Hanging at the space Bar

The Sage Record

Lyndie Blevins blogging from Sage-Texas where you can expect greater things to come

Its been a slow week

It has been a slow week. My head healed nicely, but I had to tell the story again and again. Tuesday, I had my cable switched from the local cable company to AT&T.


It is a risk for me, their technology looks good. It took almost 15 hours, but some of that is because it is new for the phone company. I should have faster internet access as well. But, a day without TV was what I needed, especially after the accident. It allowed me to get my journal caught up. I would write a few lines and close my eyes for a few minutes. I also took pictures of the downed tree and took some general measurements. The tree was probably 25 feet in its hayday. Most of the time, I am too worn out after work and working in the yard to mess with the computer. It has taken about 3 days to get the journal typed into the computer.

I have a huge bruise on my left arm. I think I must have fallen on the arm.


This weekend I felt up to working in the yard. The first thing I had to do was to face the tree. I cut it onto pieces. It is funny how things looked different to everyone. With all the rain we have had, and the trunk of the tree never exposed to light, it gave me the feel that the dry wood was totally water logged and a lot heavier than it would have been dry. My brother, who was not struck by the tree, thought it would be lighter than a live tree because it would not contain the water that the live tree would have. After being in the sun, the tree has dried out. It is the consistency of compacted saw dust. I put the pieces out at the street as trash, not even giving it the dignity to be fire wood.


More neighbors stopped by for minutes this weekend to comment on the work I was doing. One couple, whom I didn’t know, asked about my overall health indicating that they knew about my cancer. Evidently they were part of the countless number of people unknown to me who were praying for me.


It took me a couple of days to get my nerve up to wash my hair. The stitches came out today; I didn’t feel a thing. One of the nurses told me to use Neosporin a couple of times a day on the stitches. She told me it would help them come out. The PA told me the injury looked healed and I shouldn’t have any problems with it. I went straight to my regular therapy session. I was exhausted by the time I got home. Once, the trauma was over, I allowed myself to be overwhelmed by the strain of the event. How is that a mirror to my life?

July 16, 2007

Stay Informed

When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.

Maybe I was in the heat too long…
How to not to get a tetanus shot

Related Posts


Where We Are Located

Lyndie Blevins

P.O. Box 381029
Duncanville, Tx 75138